Joes New Balance Outlet

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

D'Mauri Jones Makes Unofficial Visit To University Of Miami, November 5, 2011

#10 Jalen Dozier and his first cousin #15 D'Mauri Jones in a game against Groveland South Lake. (PHOTO BY ASHLEY BEYER/October 28, 2011)
LEESBURG - Leesburg (FL) High School WR and Cane commitment D'Mauri Jones was in the recruiting section for a unofficial visit in Miami's win over Duke on Saturday, November 5, 2011.

"It was pretty exciting being there," said Jones, who drove three-and-a-half hours to get to the game. "It was a blowout, so it was kind of a fun game, especially being there for homecoming.

"I interacted with all the players after the game, spoke with the players before also."

Miami head coach Al Golden questions a call by a line judge in the second quarter of an NCAA college football game against Duke, Saturday, Nov. 5, 2011, in Miami. Photo: Lynne Sladky / AP
"I talked to Jacory (Harris), (Stephen) Morris, some of the linemen," D'Mauri Jones said in the locker room after the game. They were just telling me to stay focused, that I'm a good athlete, giving me some positive things heading into next year."

Jones spoke with the Miami coaching staff before the game and they are very excited about the Jones commiting to the "U".

"They were asking me how my season went, things like that. Coach (Al) Golden said he can't wait till I get down there, also said something funny - how sharp I dressed. I was wearing an orange shirt with dark blue denim jeans and some black and gray Converses."

"I was supposed to go to the Virginia game, but something happened with my ride. So I told them I'd come to the next home game."

Jones arrived at 1 p.m., in time to watch the Hurricane Walk.

"It was so inspirational to me," he said. "I just can't wait to get there. I was so hyped."


Jones also had a chance to speak with his future St. Andrew High School quarterback Preston Dewey, who came down from Texas for the game.

"We were just talking about how it's going to be, that it's going to be exciting, how we have a good bond," Jones said. "And I have a good bond with Gray Crow also. Preston said he'll see me down there on Dec. 9 (when the two are both scheduled to take official visits)."

Jones says Miami will be the only official visit that he will make and that he's "100 percent" committed.

* Jones finished his senior season with 10 touchdowns; the Jackets didn't make the playoffs despite an 8-2 record.

* Jones will be graduating regular time; he will play on the school's basketball team this winter.

Article written by:
Gerald Lacey
Staff Writer
Carver Heights Quarterback Club
1986 Varsity Jackets Football Lettermen #82
Class of 1988 Leesburg High School 



















Gerald is a professional Internet marketer and social media marketing expert. His online business ventures and websites generate multiple streams of income annually. His consulting clients include best selling authors and international speakers.

Gerald is the CEO/President of Lacey LLC and OmariWholesale, Inc. He runs his entire business from his home where he is able to spend quality time with his family and friends. He is passionate about helping individuals to build and monetize their personal brand online.


No comments:

Post a Comment