Joes New Balance Outlet

Thursday, August 18, 2011

FORMER JACKET TREVATHAN MOTHER KNOWS BEST, AUGUST 17, 2011

Former Jacket Standout Danny Trevathan at the University of Kentucky

Aug 17, 2011 4:50 PM by Alan Cutler

Danny Trevathan might be the big man on campus, but he likes to use the word humble.
But, to get where he wants to go, the very fast 232 pound linebacker believes you have to have the right mindset.

"To be a great person overall, you have to say I'm the best at whatever I'm doing," says UK's linebacker.

Danny is an All-American two ways. That's both as a player and a person. Give a lot of the credit to his mother. Her advice has stayed with him and made him the man he is today.

"Like my ma told me before I came to college. She told me three things. Be humble. Keep God first and whatever you do be the best at. She told me that even if I had to pick up garbage, be the best at picking up garbage. That's what guided my life in college. It's still guiding me right now."

Danny who would a model or running track if wasn't a great football player, likes to remind himself about what his mother told him.

"It's on my wall in my room. I'm getting a 'tat'. I'm trying to make room on my back for it. I just live by that. I just appreciate it."

Danny calls his mother his best friend. He knows his mother has made him a better person.

"It goes hand in hand. Being a better person and being a better football player. Emotions is all through me. My mom did that since day one, put emotion in me. I'm living in it. I've learned how to hold back from showing it on the field."

Danny grew up with some tough times, but he never allowed it to either hold him back or make any excuses. His mind has guided his great body to perform at the highest level, thanks in part to his mother.

Resources
Alan Cutler
www.lex18.com
Aug 17, 2011 4:50 PM 
Article provided by:
Gerald Lacey
Staff Writer
Carver Heights Quarterback Club
geraldlacey@leesburgyellowjacketsfootball.com

  

 

 

 

 

 

 


Gerald is a professional Internet marketer and social media marketing expert. His online business ventures and websites generate multiple streams of income annually. His consulting clients include best selling authors and international speakers.

Gerald is the CEO/President of Lacey LLC and OmariWholesale, Inc. He runs his entire business from his home where he is able to spend quality time with his family and friends. He is passionate about helping individuals to build and monetize their personal brand online.


No comments:

Post a Comment