Joes New Balance Outlet

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Jackets In College: Diontre Cornish Signs Letter Of Intent With Thiel College, May 1, 2012

Leesburg High School Head Coach Randy Trivers and LB/DB Diontre Cornish
By Gerald Lacey
Staff Writer
Carver Heights Quarterback Club
May 1, 2012


LEESBURG - Leesburg High School senior LB/TE Diontre Cornish has signed a NCAA Letter Of Intent to play football at Thiel College (Greenville, Pa.). Cornish is the tenth player to sign with a college in Head Coach Randy Trivers two year tenure at Leesburg. In Trivers 11 seasons as a high school football coach he has sent over 60 players to the college ranks.

Thiel College is a NCAA Division III program that plays in the Presidents Athletic Conference. Cornish will join former Leesburg High School Defensive Coordinator John Harakal at Thiel College. Harakel and the rest of the Leesburg coaching staff played a important part in the recruiting process for Cornish.




"When Coach Harakal had told a couple players that he was leaving to go coach in college, I knew that I wanted to follow him and continue to be coach by him but I had to get the information."

"Coach Harakal has been with me every step of the way during this college process. Also, with the new edition of Coach Cory Russell to the LHS football staff I have created a bond with him since he was a coach at Thiel College."


Cornish is excited about having a chance to compete on the next level.


Former Leesburg High School Defensive Coordinator and Linebackers Coach John Harakal
"I felt like it was a blessing to be moving on to the next level of football and in my education," said Cornish in a recent interview with Gerald Lacey. "I worked to so hard and will continue to work hard"

Cornish will play defensive end at Thiel and had another offer to play at Aurora University but choose Thiel instead. Cornish is pleased with the way the coaching staff at Leesburg has prepared him to make the transition to college football on and off the field.



Cornish will play his home games Alumni Stadium at Stoeber Field
"Coach John Harakal was a big part of the reason why I choose Thiel College because his time here at LHS, he showed me what it takes to be tough on the field and in the classroom. Also, with the support from my friends and family and other coaches I felt as though Thiel college can help me develop my skills as a player and student."


"All of the coaches have informed me that difficulty that I will go through playing at a college level but I feel that with the training that they have giving me and the knowledge to not give up and keep pushing through adversity no matter what the problem is." 


Resources



No comments:

Post a Comment